.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

S.. C.. S.. N ?

I seem to have a lot of time on my hands, don't I ? Well, having "so much" time goes quite handy with doing SCSN. And what exactly is that ? Here goes the story:

Once upon a time in a beautiful place known as Ellendale, a group of friends got fed up with somebody's habits. This somebody had a habit of over-analysing things, asking too many questions, evaluating things when not asked for, poking into uncomfortable matters, and in general slowing others down by bringing up unnecessary complexity not called for. It took the friends a while to realize what was going on, more because it was actually hard to justify him doing such things (hard as they are) and even more because he was a friend after all - one among them.

So they finally decided to give this form of habit a formal name -sort of a middle way out, using which they could point out such behavior, jokingly serious if you will, as and when needed. Spontaneously one day, was born the phrase "Shu Che, Shu Nahi" (SCSN), which in Gujarati literally means "What is and What is not", a cool way of summarizing the traits I described earlier.

Slowly and surely enough, it did make me realize what I was up to. And I will always be thankful to them for that. Probably they didn't think I would, but I did try to change my behavior. Better late than never. It has not been easy, habits as they are. But surely it has been for better. And it has taken more than 2 years to feel the difference. (How I went about doing it is altogether a separate discussion, maybe sometime later).

I am not totally cured of it yet, but yes I am at a point I will never want to go back to what I was. And I like that.

Hence the name of this blog. It's a "sorry" to all who have "suffered" and "thanks" to all who wished I change. Maybe I am too late and I can't ctrl-z (sorry, Unix folks) what is already done, but (again) better late than never and I can probably change some of myself, which I have tried and will keep trying.

So keep such things coming. I may have some other traits which are not too useful and would love to hear about them. Doesn't mean I will start dancing to hip-hop any time soon, but you know what I mean... :)

Comments:
what ??? you got changed ??? who is that great personality who dare and did change you.. .. anyway.. I like the story but not able to co-relate *that* *group* who changed you... and frankly... I never felt that way before... anyway.. good luck ...
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?