.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, October 07, 2005

 

Room, with a style

So you know that I am looking for a room in Bay Area.

I've been looking at ads on Sulekha since past few days. And it's been a funny experience. I'd want to site some of the ads here which have impressed me for their ingenuity.

As you know, the way it works on Sulekha is that the main classifieds page only carries the title of the ad. Then you can click on the title to read the description. Title space is typically limited (about 200 chars), so you need to write something that is concise and inviting. While I fully appreciate the intense efforts by the posters, following are some of the funniest ones which I can't help sharing with you guys:


1) "Need A Indian Male/Female"

Sorry? Did I stumble upon a matrimonial site or what? :-)

2) "WaNT A COO PERSON FOR A COO PAD !"

Now that's a lot of COOing... If you look into the description, she wants someone under 30 :-)

3) "South Indian PG at Walnutcreek"

So do you need a PG or do you want a PG? or are you one yourself? Or is it some grand proclamation to the world I do not understand?

4) "S.J. Female roomie wants"

That's it - this is all the title says... er... may I ask what is it that she wants ? :-)


And the two of my favorites

1) "Looking for an INDIAN FEMALE ROOM"
2) "Female Accomodation needed"

Since when did rooms take on a gender personality? (Wo)Man, I should be careful!

With all due respect, did you notice that most of these ads are by/for females? :-)

Well, the poor me is still looking for a room. If you know of a decent guy who is wondering what to do with one empty room in a 2b/2b apartment, do send him my way!

Cheers...

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?